Deodorizing & Sanitizing Air Ducts in Richmond, VA
Many homeowners and business owners in Richmond, VA can have trouble with air vents or air ducts that emit a foul odor. Without proper cleaning, these nasty smells can appear over time, and only get worse if left alone.
While there are some DIY methods such as scented air filters and baking soda to mask the smell, the core issue remains. These solutions only sanitize the air duct entrance, failing to get to the root of the problem.
Rather than letting a musty smell invade your home or business, there is a more thorough and proactive solution. Only Kohmar, a specialized provider of air duct cleaning services, can address the core problems in your air ducts and vents that are contributing to the musty air in your home.
Why Does My Building Smell Musty?
Mold and bacteria are likely to grow where conditions are right. Some elements of the ideal conditions include moisture and heat; both of which are present in air ducts. While you’re heating your home in the winter, or you live in a humid climate during the summer, your air ducts are bound to get moist and hot.
What’s more, air ducts are the portion of your HVAC system that is out of sight and beyond your ability to access. Without having access to your home or office’s air ducts, there is nothing that you can personally do to improve these conditions. This is especially true for commercial buildings or large warehouses, where air ducts are higher off the ground or behind large pieces of equipment.
Even if the rest of your building is the perfect image of cleanliness, your air ducts could spoil everything with a noticeable smell of mildew.
Deodorizing Your Air Ducts
If you own a home or business, there is no way for you to thoroughly deodorize your air ducts.
There are plenty of DIY “solutions” online that promise to deodorize your home or office. In reality, they only mask the smell and don’t fix the problem at its source. These cleaning methods only work on the openings of your air ducts, while the rest of your HVAC system runs through the walls of your building.
Whatever DIY method you use won’t reach deep enough to thoroughly clean the system. Any mold and debris that gathers inside your air ducts, the musty smell they produce will spread throughout your residential or commercial building.
To deodorize your air ducts, you need professional air duct cleaners. Kohmar’s certified air duct cleaning technicians have decades of on-the-job experience. We utilize state-of-the-art vacuums designed expressly for deep cleaning internal air ducts. Our equipment will clean, disinfect and sanitize your home’s ductwork.
Our Duct Cleaning Process
Kohmar’s in-depth process is designed to provide your air ducts with the most thorough cleaning possible. We take extra care to ensure that our solution is best for your building and specific needs.
Our process includes:
- Arrival at your home with a state-of-the-art vacuum truck and equipment
- Technicians wear protective shoe covers when entering your home or office
- We’ll perform a walkthrough with you to discuss the layout of your system, explain what work we’ll do and answer any questions for you
- Following the initial assessment, technicians will lay protective floor coverings throughout the workspace
- All supply registers and return grilles will be removed for proper cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing
- Return and supply ductwork will be located. Access ports will be created to facilitate the cleaning process (some systems may require multiple access ports).
- Access panels on air handlers will be removed for inspection and interior cleaning
- A “Before” photo will be taken to show debris and condition of ducts before the cleaning process begins
- An 8” suction hose will be connected to the supply and return sides of the ductwork system and be cleaned by Kohmar’s state-of-the-art equipment
- (Optional) A disinfectant may be applied throughout the entire system to treat for mold, bacteria, viruses and any type of microbial growth
Following cleaning, we’ll take an “After” photo to show that the air ducts have been thoroughly cleaned.
- All access ports will be closed and sealed airtight, allowing for future maintenance and cleaning.
- All supply and return registers will be reinstalled.
- All work areas will be cleaned up and all equipment will be removed.
Finally, all filters will be inspected, any additional recommendations will be provided, and the system will be reactivated and tested before our technicians make their way to their next job.
Keep Your Space Sanitized and Deodorized
We offer thorough air duct sanitizing and deodorizing services to homes and offices across the Richmond area, including Chesterfield and Midlothian.
Contact us to schedule a consultation and start breathing easier.