Residential Air Duct Cleaning in Richmond
Your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system pushes and pulls the air circulating in your home through ductwork. Over time, dust, dirt and other particulates build up in your ducts. Your system then circulates dirty air for you to breathe.
Kohmar performs inspections of your HVAC system for any leaks or breakages. We then clean all contaminants and sanitize your ductwork so you can enjoy improved indoor air quality. You’ll breathe easier in your home.
Our In-Depth Air Duct Cleaning Process
Our customers are our number one priority. That’s why we want our clients to be informed about the process we use to clean air ducts in their home or office. Here’s what you can expect when you choose Kohmar for your air duct cleaning needs:
- Arrival at your home with a state-of-the-art vacuum truck and equipment
- Technicians wear protective shoe covers when entering your home.
- We’ll perform a walkthrough with you to discuss the layout of your system, explain what work we’ll do and answer any questions for you
- Following the initial assessment, technicians will lay protective floor coverings throughout the workspace
- All supply registers and return grilles will be removed for proper cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing
- Return and supply duct work will be located. Access ports will be created to facilitate the cleaning process (some systems may require multiple access ports).
- Access panels on air handlers will be removed for inspection and interior cleaning
- A “Before” photo will be taken to show debris and condition of ducts before the cleaning process begins
- An 8” suction hose will be connected to supply and return sides of the duct work system and be cleaned by Kohmar’s state-of-the-art equipment
- (Optional) A disinfectant may be applied throughout the entire system to treat for mold, bacteria, viruses and any type of microbial growth
Following cleaning, we’ll take an “After” photo to show that the air ducts have been thoroughly cleaned.
- All access ports will be closed and sealed airtight, allowing for future maintenance and cleaning.
- All supply and return registers will be reinstalled.
- All work areas will be cleaned up and all equipment will be removed.
Finally, all filters will be inspected, any additional recommendations will be provided, and the system will be reactivated and tested before our technicians make their way to their next job.