Deodorizing & Sanitizing Air Ducts
Many homeowners can have trouble with air vents or air ducts that emit a foul odor. While there are some DIY methods such as scented air filters and baking soda to mask the smell, the core issue remains.
Only Kohmar, a specialized service in air duct cleaning, can address the core problems in your air ducts and vents that are contributing to the musty air in your home.
Why Does My House Smell Musty?
Mold and bacteria are likely to grow where conditions are right. Some elements of the ideal conditions include moisture and heat; both of which are present in air ducts.
What’s more, air ducts are the portion of your HVAC system that is out of sight and beyond your ability to access. Without having access to your home’s air ducts, there is nothing that you can personally do to improve these conditions. Even if the rest of your house is the perfect image of cleanliness, your air ducts could spoil everything with a noticeable smell of mildew.
Deodorizing Your Air Ducts
As a homeowner there is no way for you to thoroughly deodorize your air ducts.
While you may be able to clean the openings to your air vents, air ducts run through the walls of your house. Whatever DIY method you use won’t reach deep enough to thoroughly clean the system.
To deodorize your air ducts, Kohmar uses a vacuum designed expressly for that purpose. Our state-of-the-art equipment will clean, disinfect and sanitize your home’s ductwork.
Our Duct Cleaning Process
- Arrival at your home with a state-of-the-art vacuum truck and equipment
- Technicians wear protective shoe covers when entering your home or office
- We’ll perform a walkthrough with you to discuss the layout of your system, explain what work we’ll do and answer any questions for you
- Following the initial assessment, technicians will lay protective floor coverings throughout the workspace
- All supply registers and return grilles will be removed for proper cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing
- Return and supply duct work will be located. Access ports will be created to facilitate the cleaning process (some systems may require multiple access ports).
- Access panels on air handlers will be removed for inspection and interior cleaning
- A “Before” photo will be taken to show debris and condition of ducts before the cleaning process begins
- An 8” suction hose will be connected to supply and return sides of the duct work system and be cleaned by Kohmar’s state-of-the-art equipment
- (Optional) A disinfectant may be applied throughout the entire system to treat for mold, bacteria, viruses and any type of microbial growth
Following cleaning, we’ll take an “After” photo to show that the air ducts have been thoroughly cleaned.
- All access ports will be closed and sealed airtight, allowing for future maintenance and cleaning.
- All supply and return registers will be reinstalled.
- All work areas will be cleaned up and all equipment will be removed.
Finally, all filters will be inspected, any additional recommendations will be provided, and the system will be reactivated and tested before our technicians make their way to their next job.